Sunday, December 7, 2008

New Appreciation

I was brave today. I set the boys loose on a gingerbread train kit, and a gingerbread house kit for the girls. That's saying a lot from a mother who's very neat, organized, and doesn't do well with chaos and messes-- yes, I do have 4 children :) Here goes:
No, I did not start from scratch. Figured those nifty little kits would work just fine. Building away... Here comes the point when I realized "Houston, we have a problem." This house is in definite need of a extreme makeover~It didn't make it. After a few tears (from the girls- not me), the gingerbread candy-land 'mound' was formed. Elisha claims that his train looks much better, but he tells Lydia- "it's OK-- it's all in how you look at things." What a philosophical little guy-- until it's his train that collapses :)
I have learned an important lesson-- I now give those guys that enter the professional gingerbread contests MUCH more credit-- it's not as easy as it looks. As for ginger houses next year- we're undecided :)

2 comments:

granola girl said...

Love the new look. So pretty and festive.

Tell the girls I think the house is better because you won't feel bad eating it. LOL Elisha did a great job though.

You guys are so crafty!

Lauri said...

I agree with Carrie - it's much more important how it tastes!! I'm sure they are both very yummy!! It IS all in how you look at it...nicely put Elisha!! Everyone did great!