Monday, February 15, 2010
The realization has set in. It’s not going away anytime soon. This backhoe will not be completing our yard in a LOOONNG time. But I’m not complaining. Really.
What’s not going away? Why the snow, of course. This was before the 2nd storm hit, dumping another 6 inches on top of this. And this is also before the 3rd storm expected to hit tonight with another 6-8 inches or so.
Yes—I know I have friends living in the Midwest and these few flakes probably seem like a dusting to you. To you guys—all I can say is I’m not envious of your storms one bit! :)
Now to my western family. I should have known that when I laughed that you had more snow before us and it was warmer here than there, that we’d pay later. Never again will we make fun of your school cancellations over a 1/2 an inch— they have not had school here in 7 consecutive school days, and probably won’t for another 2 after that. You can imagine HOW much our little ones LOVE that they are homeschooled and don’t get to take advantage of quite so many days off —at least not now —hee hee :)
Saturday, February 6, 2010
1. Winter storms are a beautiful sight~
2. There’s nothing quite like the feeling of peace and quiet with a fresh new blanket~
3. Not everyone is happy about shoveling the driveway out~
4. Construction projects may be a long way until completion~
5. Electricity is not a thing to be taken for granted~
6. Some days call for multiple cups of hot cocoa~
7. Justification for stashed-away chocolate bars is a plus~
8. Just because your part of the street looks like you’ll be trapped forever, somewhere in the world it is warm enough to swim outside~
9. There is always someone in a worse condition than you~
10. Be thankful for all things~ especially for the fact that summer will again return one day :)