Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Just one last vacation post, I promise! :)
If you're looking for a sandy, white, affordable beach get-away~ check out Madeira Beach/John's Pass. You can park your car and forget about everything else~ And if you happen to homeschool, you can spend the week on a virtually empty beach- yay!!
Across the street is Bubba Gump's Shrimp Restaurant, along with a boardwalk and tons of restaurants and shopping! And we all LOVE shopping, right Tony?? You might even see a rainbow or two! A bit longer down the road, you'll find Anna Maria Island-- BEAUTIFUL!!
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Wishes of a Happy Memorial Day to you all! Stay safe, have fun, and welcome summer~ and let's not forgot why we have our freedom to do so~
Thank you to all who have, and are still serving our country~
Freedom does come with a price and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts~
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
There's just something peaceful about the waves of the ocean. Definitely something I could get quite used to!
Along with the peaceful atmosphere, comes many little lessons:
1. The sun can and will burn little one's skin right through T-shirts! And make Mommy feel REALLY bad!
2. Sting Rays can hurt you.
3. Clams are slimy, ugly, and quite stinky! They really should not be allowed in living headquarters. (ahem Mark) 4. Kilwin's is just as evil as mini-Reese's Peanut Butter Easter Eggs.
5. It is possible to fall asleep while quenching your thirst.
6. Vacationing with 4 little ones is as adventurous as swimming with the sharks. (Haven't done it, but I'd imagine that would be quite adventurous.)
7. One really should pay heed to signs that say 'We advise choosing a cup for your ice cream as the birds tend to take cones from your hands.' 8. I'll not mention any names, but it REALLY ISN'T cool to wear those socks with those ocean rubbers! 9. You don't have to leave the continental U.S. to find crystal clear blue, green, turquoise water! WOW!
Monday, May 18, 2009
'White Sandy Beach' highlights--
I apologize for boring any of you, but I know some family members from a-far that wish to view some pictures which will be showing up in the next few posts :)
waking early to the full moon~
Introducing Captain Elisha~
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Sunday, May 3, 2009
Not sure just what it is with Mark and plants, but a green thumb he is not. He has every good intention-- but oh, those poor living creatures.... His latest victim:
We planted a row of these lovely grasses, and heard that you should/could burn off the dead stems in the spring. That's great, and it worked great. Except that Mark decided he needed to pour gasoline on them to accelerate the flames. Here's a scientific lesson for all... gasoline and plants don't mix. That's why this poor little thing only has but a few stems. They are the one's that escaped his fury. Hubby's claim: "hey- there's still green and that means it's still alive!" AGHHHH!!!!! I really do love you.....
Now, onto our remodel saga----
The roof is coming along just fine. We are water-proof and that's a good thing. But, the back of the house is still wrapped with pretty blue tarps-- and the front almost done. The joke around here is: "only we can have a little roof that should take one day to take off, and one day to put on, and here we are almost 2 weeks later.... with rain forecasted every day this week yet again" :)
But-- progress is progress!! :)