Friday, December 7, 2007

I've Been Tagged-- Hip Hip Hooray >:)

My Dear friend has tagged me once again, this time for a Christmas tag-- OK Carrie-- where's my invite for hot cocoa for finishing this thing? :) I have to laugh because so many of my answers are the same as hers. OH-- and Chuck-- consider YOURSELF tagged-- and it better be good!!!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Gift bags can be gorgeous, but it's just so much more fun to unwrap a present.

2. Real tree or artificial? Grew up with real ones, then after Xmas we put them outside as a 'bird home' under our bird feeder for the winter- loved watching the birds. But now, artificial- just not into all of the work of a real one.

3. When do you put up your tree? OK- hold your breath-- we don't don't have one-- (HUH- gasp!- WHAT?) Haven't for 10 years -yeah-- I'll blog more later about this whole thing, but we hope to get another one in the future.

4. When do you take the tree down? If/when we get one, more than likely New Years Day or the Day after.

5. Do you like eggnog? Never had the real deal- but love the 'flavor'-- too funny Carrie, but I also loved the Mickey D's shakes.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Have more than one- "Ricky" the raccoon- stuffed puppet, a race-car set, ruby ring, and a leather coat- was TOTALLY unexpected, but the biggest thing I had wanted in years.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene? 2 of them

8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband-- his toys just keep getting more expensive

9. Easiest person to buy for? My kids-- they have a never-ending list to choose from :)

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? When I was little I HATED the china plates my Aunt hand-painted for us each year to save for when we were adults- now I treasure them.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? DEFINITELY mail!

12. Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation- my Dad and I watched it every year- he LOVED it!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year-- I'm one of those 'organized' people-- ha ha!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Possibly - but you'll never know :)

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas? ANYTHING related to the Holiday- especially sweet treats!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear-- and non-blinking!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Light of the Stable

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? visit family within an hour's drive

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yep---thanks to Carrie :) Dasher , Dancer , Prancer , Vixen, Comet , Cupid , Donner , Blitzen, Rudolph

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Had a star growing up, but might pick an angel now.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? ONE gift on Christmas Eve- the rest Xmas morning. (Children are also required to brush their teeth first!)

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? RUDE people in the already WAY too crowded stores-- I HATE WALMART anytime of year, especially XMAS!

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing? I won't let the kids listen to Christmas music on the radio until Thanksgiving dinner is over- but Mark usually gives in before then---

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented? I'm not too fond of the blow-up yard ornaments.

25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees? Simple themes and homey ones- I like them both- we always had a homey-bear theme growing up.

26. What does Christmas mean to you? Family togetherness-- a season of new hope and wonder-- and being more child-like I was tagged by: Carrie-- Chuck, unfortunately for you-- You're the ONLY one I know who blogs, except Carrie-- today's your lucky day! So you just HAVE to answer :)

1 comment:

granola girl said...

YEAH!! I loved your answers--kindred spirits maybe? :)

I have Trader Joe's Mint Flavored Cocoa and peppermint marshmallows to go with it. You're welcome to come have some anytime.