Thursday, November 8, 2007

Latest family debate- over squirrels!!!!

I need your help again! Mark got the 'nature bug' and is now into watching the 54 squirrels scurrying around the backyard preparing for winter. He decided that we NEEDED a squirrel feeder to help them. The children need to enjoy the nature around them, he says. DON'T let him fool you.....

GREAT idea-- as I'm thinking of one of those little wooden squirrel feeders with the corn attached to the top- but NOOOOO!!! This brilliant contraption arrives in the mail today- TOTAL torture for squirrels! The poor little squirrel has to jump up and hang onto the corn if he wants to eat any- and the corn is attached to a BUNGEE ROPE-- I told Mark that was just plain cruel and torturous for the little varmints!! You should see the video clip that goes with this thing- when I get the link from him I'll post it- And who's the feeder for? The squirrels or Mark enjoying watching them suffer?? Hmmmm...

Now- let's hang his food a few feet up in the air and make HIM jump up and eat it as he's bouncing from a bungee cord! Any help out there on this issue???

2 comments:

granola girl said...

I LOVE squirrels and most rodents so I think it's a sweet idea and I can bet that the squirrels will climb down the cord not jump up so they will be fine. Let me know!

Chuck said...

I, for one, think bungee-ing squirrels to be quite teh awesome. Hopefully, there will be some flying squirrel acrobatics videos to watch here soon.