Sunday, November 4, 2007

Project Day

It was a great fall day to get some little projects done. First, using leaves we pressed, the children made 'stained-leaf' pictures. Just put your leaves in between 2 sheets of wax paper, iron on low-medium with newspaper over the wax paper, and voila- a touch of autumn for your windows.

Next, I moved on to making some items for the craft show.

You know how there are just some things that aren't for you- and NEVER work? Well, the thing that just doesn't go with me and my baking abilities is fudge. I've tried 591 times- OK, slight exaggeration- and have NEVER had it turn out. Failed attempt after attempt, a few years ago I vowed I would NEVER try again....

So, like I was saying, I tried it again today- this time it was butter pecan fudge- did it work NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It tasted pretty good, but came out like powdery something or other?!?! Oh well- I will NEVER try again- NO matter HOW easy the recipe says it is, or how good it tastes- I'll save it for the experts... hey Mom- how about some peanut butter fudge for Christmas??? :)

Thankfully my attempt at English Toffee was totally different- and DELICIOUS! Good thing it's already bagged up and ready to sell! We'll see what kind of goodies I can get into tomorrow...

No comments: