Monday, November 19, 2007

Welcome to our zoo!

Remember Monty, the Praying Mantis that never was? Remember his nice little cage? Hey look- there it is- resurrected- with.... hmmmm... maybe a new Praying Mantis egg to watch hatch..... NOOOO! That would be too logical-- instead, let's put a ......PET SNAKE in his cage! (notice the nicely decorated table) Mom was NOT happy over this one! The children found another baby snake in the yard, and Daddy decided to make a school science project out of it. "....let's watch him, see what we need to feed it, read up on him--- it'll be a great way to experience first-hand learning!" Guess what they LOVE to eat the most-- squirrels--- squirrels that eat corn hanging from bungee cords! Just kidding- they can't eat them, because THERE ARE NO SQUIRRELS HANGING FROM BUNGEE CORDS HERE! :) I told him if it stays the night- I'm out of here. I really hope I don't have to find somewhere to sleep tonight, but it's the snake or me! Always something going on...

1 comment:

granola girl said...

The boys would LOVE to see that. Let me know if he's still around. I'm afraid your going to censor all my posts because I side with Mark on all the "creature" issues. Did he tell you I was trying to sell him our neighbor's camper? :) I'd LOVE a camping family to spend the summer with!!! Imagine the homeschooling possibilities!!