Thursday, April 3, 2008

quest update

I haven't posted any thing on my new 'quest' earlier because I haven't wanted to bore you. It's only been 1 week, and while the scales aren't spiraling downward, I feel better/healthier. I was quickly reminded why I quit juicing some things like carrots and beets (BLYUCK!) but at the same time quickly reminded at how good they instantly make me feel. Which brought thoughts of how I can make habit changes with juicing that will work daily for me-- (did you know they make really nifty, pretty stainless steel juicers now? PERFECT for counter top convenience...oh Mark... we NEED a new one... :) ) I haven't been able to totally follow the '21 day plan' as far as lunches/dinners go, but have made better food combining choices at those times-- it's REALLY hard to make raw lunches when you carting 4 children to this event and that event, etc, etc, etc!

But isn't that what life is about-- the journey of finding how to make it work for your world? I have found really yummy treats that work for my sweet tooth, especially in the evening after a karate workout-- a really ripe banana topped with a sprinkling of lemon juice and natural maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg-- YUM! And a slice of Ezekiel bread (until I find a true living bread that tastes good and doesn't cost more than a gallon of gas), warmed with butter (Earth Balance) and raw honey. Each pretty satisfying and feel MUCH better than my late-night pint of Ben and Jerry :)

On to week 2... will have to work on lunch and dinner!

No comments: